Other Blogs

Ads

How to Fix a Fake Kingston 256GB D310 USB Flash Drive

This is a guide on how to fix a fake Kingston 256GB DataTraveler 310 USB flash drive. I recently bought ten Kingston 256GB DataTraveler 310 USB flash on Ebay but they turn out to be fake.  I suspected immediately they were fake when I received them. The packaging is not so good, and the flash drives feels so light.  I checked Kingston Validation Flash Memory Tool to verify my suspicion. They were indeed fake. They are actually 750 MB to 1 GB flash drives reprogrammed to seem like a 256GB flash drive. It took me so long to figure out how to fix these flash drives. By fix, I mean restore it to it’s real capacity. I thought it might be helpful to summarize here what I did.
The basic idea on fixing a fake USB Flash Drive is to follow the following steps:
– Identify your flash drive VID and PID.
– Find the Right software tool
- Using the tool to reprogram your fake USB flash drive

To identify your flash drive VID and PID, you need ChipGenius.  Just run ChipGenius and it will show the VID and PID of the flash drives inserted in the computer. In my case, VID = 0011 and PID = 7788.  Below is a screenshot of ChipGenius when I ran it.  
For this VID and PID pair, the tool that is needed is FC_MpTool_FC8308_FC8508_FC8406_04.02.01

Here’s what you need to do:

1) After downloading FC_MpTool_FC8308_FC8508_FC8406_04.02.01, extract all contents. Then run LoadDriver. 
2) Change VID to 0011 and PID to 7788 then click “Install”.
3) Then, run FC MPTool

  4) Click on Start and wait for it to finish.
 
Categories:
SHARE

Author

Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment